If you budget is around $300, then check out The Best Fishfinder Under $300 for 2015, The most popular models in this price range are: Garmin echo 301dv, Lowrance Elite-4 HDI and Humminbird 346c HD DI, but I would highly recommend the Garmin echo Map 43dv.
Garmin echoMAP 43dv with transducer includes a 4.3-inch high-contrast color display with automatic backlight adjustment. The menu system is really easy to use and the transponder that comes with it was found to be very accurate., it has a very fast, responsive 5 Hz GPS/GLONASS refreshes your position and heading 5 times each second to make your movement on the screen more fluid. echo MAP comes with 1 transducer for 77/200 kHz HD-ID sonar and Garmin DownVü, the clearest scanning sonar on the water.
It also supports Minn Kota and Motor Guide trolling motors with integrated transducers. The combo’s cords plug directly into the mount, allowing you to quickly install and remove your device from power and the mount. Transom and trolling motor mount included.
- echo MAP dv series come with built-in 500 W (RMS) traditional HD-ID sonar and DownVü scanning sonar capabilities.
- 5 Hz Internal GPS updates position and heading 5 times per second to make marking and returning accurately to waypoints easier
- Coordinates the timing of the sonar return with your boat’s position and saves digital information for playback on a computer using FREE Homeport planning software.
- quick-release mount – Cables plug directly into the mount allowing for you to quickly install and remove your device from power and mount.
- Includes: echo MAP 43dv with U.S. LakeVü HD, power/data cable, quick-release mount, GT20-TM transducer (77/200kHz/DownVü, 4-pin), trolling motor mount, hardware, documentation.
Another Fishfinder Under $300 worth a review is the Lowrance Elite 4
Lowrance 000-11808-001 Elite-4 Fishfinder/Chartplotter with US Basemap, 83/200KHz CHIRP and 455/800KHz DownScan TransducerThe Elite-4x is easy to use thanks to the Advanced Signal Processing feature that automatically adjusts sonar settings to optimal configuration.
The Elite-4 CHIRP includes all of the proven features of the Elite-4 HDI Series with the addition of CHIRP sonar technology providing greater sensitivity, improved target resolution and superior noise rejection for clearer, easy-to-see bait fish and game fish targets.
4 inch screen size
- Hybrid dual imaging (HDI)
- Broadband sounder (max. depth 1,000′ with 83/200 kHz element)
- Includes HDI transducer
- Built-in GPS antenna plus detailed U.S. map